Tour Terms & Conditions
1. Deposit Payment
- For you to make a booking, we require you to pay a non-refundable deposit, accept the terms and conditions in this contract, and complete all passport and passenger details correctly. If there is a specific amount required in addition to these standard deposit amounts, we will notify you at the time of booking.
- Once your deposit has been received we will confirm all services in your itinerary. To be clear, we will not guarantee any services until all deposit amounts have been received. The acceptance by us of payment of a deposit does not represent an acceptance of booking.
- All deposits are non-refundable although it may be possible for you to transfer your deposit to another advertised holiday during the same year. If there are no advertised holidays, your deposit is not transferable.
2. Pricing & Payment
- Prices on our website are based on AUD.
- Payment of the balance of your holiday must be paid 8 weeks prior to departure to Havana Dance. If the balance is not paid in time, we reserve the right to cancel your holiday. If your booking is cancelled in this manner, you agree that you will not be entitled to any refund whatsoever, including any deposit paid by you.
- If you have made a booking within 30 days of the start date of your itinerary, then full payment of the final quotation price by you to us is required at the time of booking.
4. Refunds of Deposits
- Deposits are non-refundable, but in some cases, at our discretion, deposits may be transferable to another Havana Dance Tour. Name changes are not permitted unless we have given consent for you to do so and any name change must be requested in writing more than 60 days prior to departure. We strongly recommend that you purchase travel insurance from the date your deposit has been paid to us in order to cover any potential losses or cancellation fees.
5. Cancellations by the client
- If you cancel your booking, either through failure by you to pay any part of the final quotation price or for any other reason, we may charge a cancellation fee to you, and you will pay the cancellation fee to us, to be calculated as follows:
Over 56 days Deposit only
Between 29 and 56 days 50%
Between 15 and 29 days 70%
Within 15 days 100%
- Cancellation needs to be received in writing.
6. Changes by the client
- Any changes made by the client may be liable to change the final quotation price. All client names and passport details must be provided to us at the time of the booking, and if the details provided to us are incorrect, you will be liable for any cost resulting from changing your details, including any fees associated with re-booking. All changes are subject to availability and you will be liable for any additional cost resulting from a change.
7. Cancellation by Havana Dance
- We do require a minimum number of participants/bookings in order for the tour togo ahead. Therefore we have a right to cancel any tour for which there are insufficient reservations to meet any set minimum number of participants/bookings. In the event of any such cancellation and in circumstances where we are unable to provide the holiday booked, you will be refunded all monies paid.
8. Acceptance of risk
- You accept that all travel has risks involved and that you travel to a destination at your own risk. You must perform your own due diligence in respect to making your own choices in regards to destinations, including reviewing all travel advisories.
- You acknowledge that the nature of some of our itineraries, bookings and tours can be adventurous and may involve a significant amount of personal risk. You hereby assume all such risk for all itineraries, bookings and tours, and releases us from all losses, costs, damages, expenses, payments, claims or actions arising from illness, injury, disease, loss or damage to property, discomfort and inconvenience or death resulting from these inherent risks.
- To be clear, you agree that we will not be liable to you for any losses, costs, damages, expenses, payments, claims or actions suffered or incurred by you in relation to all itineraries, bookings and tours that you take. It is a condition of our bookings as in point18.1 below that you must have adequate travel insurance to cover you should you have any problems while away.
- We want you to enjoy a perfect tour with us. We shall do our best to make your tour special for you. Nonetheless, we must make clear the limitations in law.
- We are not liable to you for:
- any event which happens before you board your transport to begin your tour s itinerary organised by us;
- any problem arising from your failure to reach the tour’s Meeting Point on time, for whatever reason (though we would do our best to help you in any way we reasonably could);
- medical problems or physical difficulties, even if you have told us about them in advance medical emergencies;
- your own carelessness or negligence in any aspect of your behaviour whilst with us;
- laws, culture and standards of service and behaviour in any country/ies you may visit;
- changes we reasonably make to an itinerary or to accommodation or any other aspect of the management of your tour;
- Problems or issues which we could have resolved whilst you were on a tour, but which you only raised after your return from the tour.
- The services and features included in your tour are those specified in our website, brochures and itinerary. If you choose to buy other goods or services during your tour, those are not part of the package we provide. Accordingly we are not liable to you for any happening in connection with those goods or services.
- You acknowledge that Havana Dance is not responsible for the loss of luggage or theft of any kind, and that all claims will need to be addressed directly to the airline or Cuban authorities
- You agree to accept responsibility for the proper conduct of myself and those within my immediate party whilst on holiday.
• You understand that Havana Dance a reserve the right to terminate my holiday or that of any member of my party due to misconduct.
• You acknowledge that If your actions or those of any member of your party cause damage to the accommodation in which you are staying or cause delay or diversion to any flight or other means of transportation, you agree to fully indemnify Havana Dance against any claim (including legal costs) made against them by, or on behalf of the owners of such accommodation or the operator of such flight or other means of transportation.
• You agree that drunken or aggressive behaviour is unacceptable and that Havana Dance cannot be responsible for my well being, if or while I am in this condition.
• You acknowledge that any injury or accident incurred either in the dance classes due to physical strain or in any dance space whilst in Cuba, is not the responsibility of Havana Dance
9. Unused Services
- There will be no discounts or monies refunded to you by us for missed or unused services, bookings or tours, including your voluntary or involuntary termination/departure from a tour including as a result of any sickness, death of a family member of yours etc, late arrival on the tour, or premature departure either voluntarily or involuntarily.
- You understand and acknowledge that the nature of this type of travel and tours requires considerable flexibility, and therefore you should allow for reasonable changes to be made by us to the tour. It is understood that the route, schedules, itineraries, amenities and mode of transport in the tour may be subject to alteration without prior notice to you as a result of local circumstances or events, which may include sickness or mechanical breakdown, flight cancellations, strikes, events emanating from political disputes, entry or border difficulties, extreme weather and other unpredictable or unforeseeable circumstances or any other reason whatsoever.
11. Travel Insurance
- It is a condition of booking a tour with us that you take out appropriate travel insurance cover. To be clear, we cannot approve the travel insurance cover you have bought, and we are not responsible if your travel insurance cover is inadequate to meet your requirements. Havana Dance will not be held responsible if forced to cancel or in any way change your holiday due to war, threat of war, riot, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire or adverse weather conditions or any other events outside of our control.
12. Passport, Visa and Health Requirements
- You must carry a valid passport and have obtained all of the appropriate visas, permits, vaccinations and certificates for the tour. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are in possession of the correct visas, permits, vaccinations and certificates for your tour. We are not responsible if you are refused entry to a country because you lack the correct passport, visa or other travel documentation. Your passport must be valid for 6 months beyond the duration of the tour
- We shall try our utmost to provide you with a happy and fulfilling tour, but if we fail in any way, do please raise any issue with us immediately. If your complaint is not dealt with by us to your satisfaction at the time of reporting it to the tour leader(s), then you should give us full details in writing, immediately on your return. We cannot respond to verbal complaints.
- On completion of your booking Havana Dance will maintain your details on its newsletter and survey mailing lists. Your subscription can be cancelled at any stage at your request.
- I confirm that I am over the age of 21 years.
- You are aware that I can purchase my flight from any travel agent of my choice. My flight and visa will then be my responsibility.
- You agree to respect the law in Cuba and will not invite or allow a Cuban person into my room into the hotels at any time unless agreed in advance with the hotel.
- You agree to pay for any hotel extras i.e. phone calls, laundry etc. before check out.
- You understand that the Havana Dance holiday is exclusively for Havana Dance clients and I agree not to invite members of the public, friends or acquaintances not associated with the Havana Dance tour to events organised by Havana Dance without prior consent.
- This contract can only be varied or amended in writing.
- You agree that all photos taken on the holiday by the group photographer can be published by Havana Dance for promotional purposes and posted by other clients. If you do not wish to have my photo taken or published you will make this clear to all clients and to the tour leader on the trip at the beginning of the trip.